The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

Nov 24, 2010

Festivals, Sunsets and Food

Festivals: We went to see an Israeli music festival on the beach in Ashdod. It was packed, Packed, PACKED! The stage was set up on the beach near the sea, and everyone was gathered around everywhere in the sand. I honestly think that all of Ashdod and their dogs were there that night. There were people EVERYWHERE! It was such an experience. There was also a street festival where you could buy all sorts of things like jewellery, all kinds of food, clothing, toys… I ended up getting this blue/purple dreadlock braided into my hair. It didn’t last very long though. 3 weeks later I ended up cutting it out. This festival only comes around once a year, so I felt very lucky to be there!





Sunsets: Watching the sunsets in the evening on the beach has been so relaxing. It brings me such peace. We claimed our spot, these ruins. We climb to the top of them and just sit and enjoy the view. Breathing in the fresh air, listening to the waves crash and feeling the heat of the summer air are moments that I will never forget. I’ve enjoyed taking all kinds of sunset pictures. I’ve definitely experimented with the settings on my camera! I absolutely love going to sit alone on the beach, take a walk along the water and just lie in the sand. I wish I could have this available to me everyday for the rest of my life! It seriously does bring me such peace.



Food: Well, need I say more? I just may come home overweight. The food in Israel is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. The falafel, the shwarma, the bourekas, the salads, the pastries, the shakshuka, the hummus, the breads, the sweets, the candy, the nuts… just the fact that almost all the meat is Kosher and that I’m able to eat whatever I want anywhere I want has made me the happiest person on earth. I can go into a restaurant and order chicken, what?! This seems so alien to me but no, it’s true! Only Kosher people can understand this feeling of satisfaction. I keep telling myself that tomorrow I will start a diet, but how can you when everywhere you turn there’s a new food that you just HAVE to try?!


No comments:

Post a Comment