The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

Nov 24, 2010

First Week “Home”



Leaving Montreal on August 8th was impossible, but what made it possible was that I knew my destination was Israel. As soon as the plane landed, I began to cry. I cried because after 5 years of waiting to come back, I knew I was finally “home”. This country makes me feel welcomed, safe and loved.

During my first week in Israel I stayed in Tel Aviv with an incredible girl, Laura. This was my vacation. We went out every night, we went to the beach every day, and I met a ton of new faces. Many other “Montrealers” were also in Israel, including one of my best girlfriends from home, Sarah. It was amazing to be able to see so many familiar faces, but what I loved the most was meeting so many new ones. I met people from all over the world: South Africa, France, Australia, United States, England… and I also met some Israelis who I can definitely say have a strong personality!

A little bit about that week? Well, like I said we basically partied and lounged around on the beach. The summer spot was this place called Galina located in the Tel Aviv port (in Hebrew we say the namal). By the end of the week I must say that I was starting to get sick of the place! My Hebrew was non-existent. I could read the signs but understand NADA. But thankfully enough people in Tel Aviv spoke English, so getting around was somewhat easy.

My week of vacation was coming to an end… and the reason I came to Israel was about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment